March 06, 2011

Thought #11

Why are we so obsessed with the celebrity culture?

I am an avid celebrity gossip reader and I keep track of all the latest entertainment news, but I honestly can't tell you why. It interests me...but why? I have no idea. Perhaps I envision that they lead the perfect lives, even though I know that's not true. Most celebrities are probably selfish snobs who rather collect millions of dollars and drink champagne in their 15-bedroom mansion than live a normal life (COUGH charliesheen COUGH). I'm still infatuated though. I read People.com and the magazine cover to cover every week. I have PerezHilton on my bookmarks. I anxiously await my copy of Entertainment Weekly every Friday. I'm a celebrity/entertainment fiend, for no perfectly good reason.

Do you ever think about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment